Women empowerment can be understood as giving power to women to decide for their own lives or inculcating such abilities in them so that they could be able to find their rightful place in the society. Thus, women empowerment is nothing but recognition of women’s basic human rights and creating an environment where they are treated as equals to men.
According to the United Nations, women’s empowerment mainly has five components:
- Generating women’s sense of self-worth;
- Women’s right to have and to determine their choices;
- Women’s right to have access to equal opportunities and all kinds of resources;
- Women’s right to have the power to regulate and control their own lives, within and outside the home; and
- Women’s ability to contribute in creating a more just social and economic order.
We work to overcome the economic barrier that denies the underprivileged man, woman and child the access to medicines, vaccines and other medicinal facilities.
Our NGO working for Women Empowerment
NGO’s are playing imperative role for women empowerment in India. They have adopted multiple strategies to improve the condition of women. NGO’s are training women in various aspects to make them to come out of their inhibitions and to involve in fruitful activity. NGOs are making use of variety of strategies to promote women empowerment in India. NGOs are involved in the following activities to empower women:
- Educating and creating awareness among women especially the rural women.
- Supplements efforts of government for women empowerment in India.
- Promotes the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for empowering women.
- Mobilizes optimum resources and plans and implements the projects that have bearing upon women empowerment in India.